Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Goodbye Mungo...

A good friend of mine lost a dear companion Monday night. Mungo, his 5 year old female Rottweiller (large breed dog) passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. I was the last person other than him to see Mungo. She was full of energy and acting like a puppy. She was her usual rambunctious and social self. She was also a smart, obedient and loyal dog. Now my friend lives alone and is coping with the loss.

He sent out a notification and picture memorial to those of us who knew Mungo. Remembering their time spent together. I hope that he realizes that she lived well and was the happy dog she was because of him.

I know that those of you who, like my wife and I have lost pets that were dear to us will understand the loss. It becomes a void that can never be filled again. We carry the memories of how they touched our lives and we touched theirs...

No comments: