Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope all the USA'ers reading this had a Happy Thanksgiving. As we all know it is a time to give thanks for what we have. Health, relations, comforts, good living. I doubt my petition to rename it to Thanksgotten will make it far. But I hope you have all gotten lots to be thankful for in the past years.

Finally, a Hybrid Commuter

I actually saw a hybrid car with the HOV access stickers in the commuter lane with more than one person in it. A first for me! I figured the hybrid access thing was a political ploy (still do). I've never seen one in the commuter lane with more than one person before.

Click here to find the government MPG ratings for your car(s).


Holiday Gift Ideas

I ran across 2 gift ideas that are true winners for that hard to buy for person. Guaranteed surprises that will get noticed...

The first is the High Definition DVD video of hours of logs burning in the fireplace. Yes, it is now available in HD! If someone doles out the couple grand for the HD player and TV, then it might as well double as a fireplace. And from what I hear the HD setups put out enough heat that some people might even be fooled.

The second and I'm not making this up, is a toilet paper holder that mounts on the wall in your bathroom. What makes this one unique is that it has a built in docking station for your iPod. They didn't actually have one set up and playing at the store, so I don't know how good the sound is, but how can any audiophile resist. Just think of the accompaniments!

The amazing thing to me is thinking how many of these will actually get bought. Ah, the motivation of holiday shopping desperation. Have you run across any wonderful goodies out there?

No comments: