Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Fashion Statements

It's not that my wife and I don't set a good example or try to dress our girls well. It's that my daughters are trend setters. It must be.

Take the youngest one. She has always had fussy feet. We've gotten her those special socks with the almost undetectable smooth seams so that she will wear socks at all. She likes to pull them up tight. No bunching or wrinkles allowed. So tight that most of her socks have developed holes where toes stick through. She has even taken to pulling them up over her pants legs. That may be a bit outside the norm, but isn't that how most fashion trends start?

My elder daughter likes colorful but well worn clothes. Flowered pants and striped shirt are common. The more worn the better. Sometimes we have to insist they go in the wash. Sometimes we have to insist she go in the wash.

But alas, I look at how some of the older kids in the neighborhood dress and count my blessings.

No comments: